Thursday, December 17, 2009

Kids say the darndest things

So yesterday I was in the kitchen making some Christmas goodies and the kids were in the family room playing.  Then I hear this…

A: “Mommy we HAVE to go back and see Santa”

M: “Why”

A: “Well Ryan just said that he wants a dog for Christmas and he didn’t ask Santa for it”

M: “Well, Santa is not going to bring Ryan a dog anyway so we are good”

A: “Well Daddy wants a dog so when he gets home I will just ask him to take us to see Santa then!”

Me scratching my head trying not to laugh and secretly thinking that Daddy probably would go do that and then get a DOG!   Daddy laughed when I told him the story and grinned ear to ear!   I made it very clear NO DOG!   HA!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Sounds like you're in the same boat as me! Everyone wants a dog, but I say Noooooo! :)