Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Family Camping Trip!

On Saturday we got up and met our friends The Pecks and The Davis' at Lake Ray Roberts in Pilot Point to go camping for the day/evening. We had a total blast. It brought back so many memories from when I was a kids and we went on family camping trips. The kids had a blast! We honestly cannot wait to go again.

We had 6 Adults, 5 Kids and 2 Dog's! Nobody got injured, nobody got to crabby, and all the kids played well together.

Saturday morning we loaded up the car and off we went. I knew Ryan would be in heaven just being outside ALL DAY LONG! The weather was perfect. High of 85 and low of 70 and no rain which after the week long rain we had was a nice break!

We laughed at all the stuff you have to take camping for ONE night! We had more stuff in our car for one night then we did when we were gone for 2 1/2 weeks. Now that I have done it once I think the next time will be easier and I will defiantly pack a little different.

We are loaded down and ready to go!

We are there and Ryan found the food right away!

Joe (along with all the other kids) liked going in and out of The Peck's camper!

Jason, Trever and Ashlyn putting up our little Tent! Ryan and Trever slept in the tent together. Ryan did so great. We put him in there with the air mattress and fussed for about 2 seconds and was asleep. He was worn out!

We had the best campsite. It was right across from a playground and the bathrooms! The kids loved playing on the playground!
Ryan LOVES dogs. He was a little timid of Murphy at first so Jason was helping him pet Murphy. She is such a sweet dog!
Peck's brought their bikes. It was great. Trever taking the kids on a ride around the park in the bike carrier. The Kids loved it. Trever got back and Jeff told him he forgot to change gears! Opps no wonder he was so worn out!
Ryan just being cute!
Trever and Jess chillin'

Susan , Jess, Meg and Shelby!

Ashlyn had to show Joe that she is a big sister and had to help him with his bike helmet! (She doesn't even have a bike or a helmet) but she had to tell him that he HAD to wear it if he was going to ride the bike. I guess she listened to us!

Jeff using his "Pink" camera!
Miss Shelby being cute!

Ashlyn and Shelby were in the camper being all to quiet. Meg went in there to see Shelby was putting Make-up on Ashlyn. Ashlyn got embarrassed when we told her how pretty she was and didn't want me to take her pictures!


Ryan truly in heaven being outside playing with the kids!

Jason and Trever!

Potty time! Ashlyn loves going potty outside!

Jason changing in the "Bathroom"

Two very cute boy's!



Shelby is such a good big Sister! She liked holding Baby Ryan!

One tired Shelby with her Daddy!

The kids are finally in bed! Whoo hoo! We all get to have some fun!

We totally busted Jess on her iPhone: Facebooking! That is the face of someone that is busted!

Mary Dog Passed out!

Jess and Jason! AWWW!

As we were packing up camp the girls were "roasting marshmallow's" they were very patient trying to roast them over a fire that was not really burning!

Cole found a hard hat!

Sharing some pretzels!
(Ashlyn, Shelby & Joe)

The boy's playing a game!


THE END!
Can't wait for the next trip!


3 comments:

Meg said...

Great summary! I am cracking up at how many marshmallows are shoved on the girls' sticks in the picture! Also, you left out the part about the park ranger ;) heehee

Jessica Davis said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha. too cute. I wasn't doin anything. grin

Susan said...

I also left off the part that the 2 Peck kids fell out of bed within 5 min. of each other! HAHAH

I drank wine, I am slowly remembering all the details!