She is so funny lately. I have quickly realized what I say to her all the time as she then turns around and repeats it to Ryan. Poor Ryan just gets in trouble all the time from his big sissy that thinks she is his Mommy!
Yesterday Ryan was so tired and would not take a nap. I had him in his room and Ashlyn and I were in my bedroom. She was watching Dora and I was folding laundry. I finally had to go get Ryan and he was just mad. I brought him into the room with us and he was so tired that he didn't want to be held, he didn't want down he didn't want anything but to sit on the floor and cry. So Ashlyn thought she would take care of it.
A: Buddy if you are going to sit here and cry you can go to bed (In a very bossy voice)
S: Ashlyn you don't tell Ryan that
A: Well mommy you say that to me all the time!
M: (Laughing and shaking my head)
She is also really into coping everything I do. I swear if Ryan was a girl they would be dressed identical everyday because she is so instant on it. If I wear jeans she has to wear jeans and it just goes on and on for everything we do.
M: Ashlyn you need to wear your tennis shoes to the park
A: Well (in a very whiny voice) you are wearing your flip flops so I can wear mine
M: No you need to wear your tennis shoes
A: Only if you do! (everything is a negotiation with her)
Today we went to Costco. I told her if she was good why we were in there that I would get her a frozen yogurt on the way out. Well she was good but Ryan had a small meltdown because he wanted another sample of Ham and we were already gone from that area. He through a fit. In the middle of it.
A: (In her very bossy voice) Buddy, you have to stop crying or we will not get ice cream....Gosh, you don't listen!
M: (Trying not to laugh) Ashlyn you don't talk to your brother like that.
A: Well Mommy he doesn't listen at all. Does he not understand that he is making a bad choice and we aren't going to get ice cream!
M: Laughing!
Yeah I don't' do so well at the not laughing thing when I am trying to teach her something!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so cute. It seems Ashlyn loves the big sister role!
Mama...it won't change (coming from the big sis to two little brothers!). I'm sure I still boss them...poor boys.
Post a Comment