Ryan went down the slide on Tylers lap. Something I have done with him a bunch of times. Well he had his Tennis shoes on and his leg got caught between Tylers leg and the side of the slide. Trever was standing right there and didn't think it looked like he hurt it very bad. Well... He would not stop crying and then when we got home he wouldn't put any weight on it. Monday he wouldn't stand on it either and it was a little swollen. I called my Pedi and she said to keep an eye on it and if the swelling isn't gone or if he still won't put weight on it by tomorrow to call her back.
I went in to see her she immediatly sent me to Cooks Children's hospital for x-Ray's. He has a Spiral Fracture of his Tibia bone. (The bone between your knee and ankle). He is in a hard splint for a week and then we go back to an Ortho specialist and have another x-ray done to see if it's broken or just a fracture or what. They said that the splint would straighten it out so they could tell the real problem. If it's broken we will have to get a cast!

He is doing pretty well other then he didn't sleep at all last night and he get's really frustrated when he try's to pull himself up and can't. So as long as we stay busy in the stroller or shopping carts he is fine!
So needless to say week one of Ryan out of Daycare and I have already broken him. I better start doing better at my temporary job as a Stay at home Mom or Trever will never be convinced that it's a good idea for me to stay home with the kids!
5 comments:
bless his little heart!!! I hope he feels better soon!
Poor guy! Hope he heals quickly.
Oh no, poor Ryan! :(
Poor baby! Kids are so adaptable, and it looks like Ryan is already proving that!
Oh no! I am so sorry....I hope he feels better soon and the fracture / break heals quickly.
Post a Comment