Friday, March 20, 2009

I feel like Debbie Downer

I have really tried to stay positive through getting laid off and not having much luck finding another job, even through a month worth of sick family and then Ryan breaks his leg. Today was suppose to be Ashlyn's last day at Daycare. She woke up with 101.8 temp. she kept saying her stomach hurt and at 2:30 this morning she woke up screaming. I went up to her room and 'slept' in her bed with her. I use the term 'slept' lightly as she kicks like no body's business and I am not sure I even slept.

She was doing better after I gave her Tylenol and her fever came down to 99. Then she started not feeling well again and now she is sleeping! Seriously can I not catch a break between sick kids, sick husband, broken bones and no job.

When I first got laid off I immediately turned all this over to God's hands and I knew he had a plan for me. I live by 'everything happens for a reason' and I truly believe that I got laid off because I would have been fired with no Severance pay otherwise. My kids have been sick since I was told I was getting laid off. There is no way I could keep a job let alone start a new one with all this going on. I know God has a plan for me and I think he is working on it right now.

I am just in a really depressed mood today with her being sick again. I hope she is better by Monday she starts swimming lessons next week.

*********************
Tiffanie & Kelsey, I know you read my blog and I just wanted to say thank you for all you do in your job. Ashlyn has come so far since being in your class and I cannot thank you enough. I am sure I will be utilizing the drop in service you all provide so hopefully Ashlyn will see you again soon. Thanks Again!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Thinking of you...and here whenever you need a lift up, someone to vent to, or a drink (ok, maybe I can't drink, but I'll meet ya for one and I'll stick to something non-alcoholic).