Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ashlyn's Nightly Adventures

These need to stop! UGH. She came into our room 3 or 4 times last night. Trever would take her back up stairs and 10-20 min later she would be in our room. I have no idea how to stop this. Yes I know they are only little for a short time and cuddling with them and all that is so short lived blah blah blah. We just really prefer to have our bed to ourselves and the kids sleep in their room.

This morning I told her that I am going to make a sticker chart and if she stays in bed all night in the morning she can put a sticker on it. When she has 7 stickers in a row (A week of staying in bed) we will take her to get a donut before school. (She loves doing it and wants to do it everyday). Not sure if this is going to work but it's worth a try.

We are open to any and all suggestions on how to get her to sleep in her own bed all night. Please post comments here or send me an email. Thanks!

4 comments:

aria said...

I think I remember hearing about something like that from my mom. We had calendars and she would tape a penny to each day we stayed in bed. At the end of a week or so, we'd get to buy a prize. My sister bought a curly red Annie wig! I like the doughnut plan esp. if she asks for that every morning. Good luck!

Elementary Counselor said...

I think that whatever you do, you should reward her for doing the right thing. I think your doughnut idea is GREAT!

Jess said...

I like your idea. Positive reinforcement and a reward is perfect! Go Ashlyn, go! You want that donut girl!

Meg said...

I think that's a really good plan! The sticker chart really helped Shelby when we did it- I need to do it again.