I know everyone tells me that eventually Ashlyn will grow out of the crying when we drop her off at Daycare and I hope that is true but so far it's not happening. I know this is only week 2 in her new class which she tells me she loves Miss Tiffany and her class and all the activities but I am just so sad when I leave her and she is so upset. Last week Miss Tiffany asked the we put Bear Bear into Ashlyn's bag to carry him into class and then she could have him at nap time. I think it's a great idea and I am all for weaning her off of him so much but I am not sure that week 2 in a new class is the right timing. I went along with it and Ashlyn started crying silently in the car when we put Bear Bear in the bag and just had tears running down her face. It broke my heart. I stuck to the plan and we got into the class and she just started crying so hard. She wanted me to stay as all the kids were in "circle time" so I did and she sat on my lap just saying "I want to go with Mommy" really quietly so only I could hear it. UGHH It was such a hard day for me to leave her. I just wanted to cry. I think I am having one of those extra sappy days but still. To hear that sweet voice be so sad was just hard. I called and she is fine and happy. (as I knew she would be) I think weaning her of Bear Bear is great but it's going to be hard.
She is just such a mommy's girl I am not sure she is ever going to adjust!
On a side note, My mom was a stay at home mom and I think I did something similar to this when I went to Kindergarten. Hmmmm Sorry Mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
awhhh... I can totally relate and know exactly what you are going through !
I hope it gets easier... but then, I think that might be bittersweet for each of us too. Cause that means that they are growing up way too fast!
Post a Comment