Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas!

We had such a wonderful Christmas. My parents were able to come down and be here for a few days. It was so great and Ashlyn loved having them here. Boy is she a Grandpa's girl. She was glued to his side from the moment they got here. She slept with him, napped with him, played dolls with him. You name they did it! They just left this morning and she has already been talking about everything they will do when they come back for Ryan's birthday!


Grandma & Grandpa Peek with
the kids on Christmas Eve




Christmas Eve was great, Mom and I baked and then we went to Church. On the way home from Church Ashlyn said, "now it's time for Santa to come!" We got home and at 7:00pm Ashlyn said "Mommy I am ready for bed so Santa can come" Well her normal bed time is 8:30 so we talked her into staying up until 8:00pm. We set out Milk and Cookies for Santa and she was all excited. When her and Grandpa were going to bed (yes, she made Grandpa go to bed at the same time) I told her she couldn't get up until is was daylight out. According to Grandpa she went right to sleep!
Ashlyn with Santa's Milk & Cookies

Morning came and I was up with Ryan at 6:45am. Pretty soon I hear Ashlyn and Grandpa upstairs. I guess she woke up and jumped up to look out the window and make sure it was daylight out. She went and woke Grandma up (who was sleeping in her room) and I woke Daddy up. She came downstairs and was so excited! We only had Santa gifts under the tree. I didn't want it to be so overwhelming that she didn't enjoy any of it.

Ashlyn helping Ryan open his present from Santa!

Ashlyn with her high chair for her baby that Santa brought
her
She was so excited. This is the only two thing she asked him for!


Ryan was sick with 101.5 temp all day and just felt horrible. He was so congested and sneezing so much. Poor guy! Santa brought Ryan a big soft car and a sports center.


Ryan playing with his sport center from Santa!

After all the Santa stuff we decided to wait and put out the other gifts later in the day. We all got dressed for the day and I started getting lunch/dinner ready. Everyone else was watching 101 Dalmatians that Ashlyn got in her stocking! I get dinner ready and I walk into the living room to tell everyone it's ready and find this!



I guess Santa wore everyone out! So we waited to eat until later and have the rest of our Christmas after we ate!


Ryan enjoyed the plastic tub that his trucks came in more then the trucks I think! Although I am not sure he really enjoyed anything that day other then sleeping on Grandma's lap!


Ashlyn also got a backpack/diaper bag full of stuff for her baby! She was in heaven.

We all had such a great time and were so blessed that my parents could be here with us. It was so much fun to see Ashlyn get so excited about everything! That is truly what Christmas is all about.

Trever and I were very grateful and excited that Mom and Dad are giving us our PVC Privacy fence that matches the pool fence and pergola that we have. They are coming down around Ryan's birthday for Dad and Trever to install! We can't wait! It will be beautiful and no more fence maintenance for us ever again! If anyone wants to install fence in late February let us know we will let you swim this summer! ha ha!

Now we will be celebrating Christmas with Trever's family when they get back from WI. We have not told Ashlyn that she has yet another Christmas so I am sure she will be excited to know she will get to open more. That was her favorite part then when they were all open she went back and played with the stuff! I think next year will be interesting when Ryan won't let her open all of his gifts!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Aw! Christmas at your house looked like a blast! I can't wait to enjoy the magic of Christmas with kids. Ashlyn reminds myself of me as a child...all I ever wanted was dolls and anything to take care of the babies (stroller, diapers, bottles, etc).

Elementary Counselor said...

They are so cute!! Great pictures.