Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Good Idea Gone Bad...

This is how I am feeling about this weekend and our trip to MI. I am so excited to go and see my family and Becky & Kayla but could anything else go wrong.

List of events around this trip.

  1. Trever has a golf tournament that he plays in every year and is never around the entire weekend so I get the bright idea to check out plane tickets and take the kids to MI BY MYSELF for the weekend.

  2. Found Tickets for a great price! Whoo Hooo. Book them the same day (No thought really went into this whole thing)

  3. Told Ashlyn about the trip. For the last 6 weeks all I have heard is "I want to go on Airplane NOW" " I will be really good Mommy" (Yes I have told her at least 100 times that she needs to be good on the plane or we won't go, I guess she has not figured out that once we are on the plane we are going regardless if she is good or not; but hey it's working so far.)

  4. Major work project get moved up from Oct. 28th Due Date to Oct. 2nd! Good times, Not really a great time to be taking 2 days off work but OH WELL, tickets are already booked.

  5. Last Friday Ashlyn get's sick. Slight panic but so glad it's a week before the trip. I am sure she will be fine by next Friday.

  6. Friday/Sat. Very sick child with snot everywhere. I was walking around behind her with a can of lysol. Praying that Ryan wouldn't get it.

  7. Sunday, Ashlyn feels better, Ryan very congested. (Me trying to be optimistic, he won't really get sick)

  8. Tuesday evening, Ryan cannot breath he is so congested, He was up at 1:00 am, 3:00am and I finally "Slept" with him in the recliner then until 6:30 when he would not go back to sleep and just screemed for an hour.

  9. 7:00 Ashlyn wakes up and the first thing she says "Two more days and I go on Airplane"

  10. Call Dr. take him in. Me telling the Nurse, I am sure he has a temp but I can't find the butt thermometer. She takes it and was like WOW! He has a 102.9 Temp. Let me get you tylenol. (He had been on tylenol/Motrin combo all night)

  11. Dr. says yep he has an ear infection. It's not horrible you caught it early which is good. She said if you were flying tomorrow I wouldn't let you go. (Me thinking Ashlyn is going to kill me if we don't go.) She said since your flight is Friday he should be fine but...."He is going to be horrible on the flight" Remember I am flying with 2 kids BY MYSELF (great plan)

  12. 1:43 PM, I am buried with work, Ryan would not go to sleep until I finally put him in the sling. He is all snuggled into my chest snoring because he can't breathe sound a sleep.

  13. Me trying to get my work done

  14. Still have to pack, go to BRU for a car seat travel bag

  15. ME = STRESSED which means I like to eat ice cream. Not really good when I am trying to figure out what jeans just might fit me to take to MI.

I am sorry to anyone on my flight on Friday. I realize that nobody on that flight is going to read my blog but I hope they are all nice people.

On the other side I am really excited to go and see everyone and do some fun stuff. I know Ashlyn can't wait to see Grandma & Grandpa and Aunt Nancy and everyone. I am excited about great weather also. Low to mid 70's!

4 comments:

AprilB said...

Sounds extremely stressful, but hopefully the flight won't be too bad and once you're in MI you guys will have a great time! :)

Becky said...

Deep Breathes! You are a warrior. I heard Benedryl makes kids very sleepy on planes. Not that I'm suggesting anything. See you Saturday - I hope!

Jessica Davis said...

awhhhh I so feel for you! And remember that so many other's on the plane have been in your shoes. I hope you have a good time in spite!

Jess said...

I hope your travel to MI was peaceful and uneventful.