Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ashlyn survived her first day of school - Barley...

Well to say she is adjusting is an understatement. She did OK yesterday, cried on and off throughout the day. She didn't eat ANYTHING all day long. I guess all the kids were sitting at the table for snack time (Pretzels) and she kept saying no I don't want any. That is so not like her. If someone is eating she wants it. She didn't eat any lunch either. She also would not go potty. Finally at about 3pm Miss Valerie put her on the Potty all the time she was saying she didn't have to go and she was peeing all at the same time. I guess she did have to go after all! She can hold it longer then anyone I know. She also didn't take a nap. She laid down but wouldn't go to sleep. I guess Miss Valerie was not allowed to get out of Ashlyn's site all day!

When I picked her up she was smiling and she told me she had fun. She was staving so we stopped at Chick Fil A and she ate 6 piece of Nuggets and some fries, I don't think I have ever seen her ate that much at one time. We had a Chiropractor appointment last night and she did great with that. We got home about 6:30 took a bath and she was ready for bed by 7:45 and asleep at 8:00 she woke up at 9:00 and said she was sick and was going to throw up. She didn't but I think she just was so nervous all day yesterday that she made herself sick.

She slept until 8:45am today and when she got up she told me she wanted to go play. Trever took her to school today and he said she didn't do to well when he left. The kids were just coming in from outside (I am bummed she missed the morning outside time today, but she needed to sleep) and she was crying really hard when he left. I will call and check on her in a while.

I know she is having fun when she lets herself. She told me last night that she had fun and wanted to go back. She is just having a hard time adjusting right now.

Her teacher's Miss Valerie and Miss Crystal (sub for this week) are very sweet and are taking good care of her.

1 comment:

Kristin (kekis) said...

Poor Ashlyn! I'm sure it will get better - when she wants it to be!