Sunday, May 2, 2010

Before and After…

So when we put the pool in we had all the intentions of landscaping behind it but then the economy tanked, I lost my job and well landscaping really was not a priority.  

The other day I was at Costco and saw these Palm Tree’s they were pretty big and I figured they would be really expensive since every other time I have looked at Palm Tree’s about that size they are between $400-$600 in Texas.   Well these tree’s were $39.99  I had to look at like 3 of them to make sure I was reading it right.   Trever and I went the next day with his truck and bought 3.  They are Mexican Fan Palms.  We didn’t really research them before buying them we were just too excited to have Palm Tree’s for Cheap.  We were very excited to read up on them and realize they can live in cold climates like it gets in TX.   Then we kept reading to find out they can get 80-100 feet!!!!!  and did I mention they are the fastest growing Palm!    Trever said well here in about 10 years we will be able to give people directions to our house by just saying “Drive down 360 until you see the Palms and then drive toward them”  

We love how they look though!  

Before:

IMG_5738

After:

IMG_5903

1 comment:

Misty said...

Love them, and I'm SO jealous! My Costco didn't have them for $39.99...they were a couple hundred instead! You got a GREAT deal!