Monday, April 19, 2010

Grandma & Grandpa Peek visit…

Grandma and Grandpa came right after Ryan’s birthday and I am just now getting around to blogging.  Told you all I was behind.   I hope to get all caught up this week and then stay on top of it! 

Their visit in Pictures!

Fist thing on the list that Ashlyn had made!!  Go to Build a Bear!   She earned a bear and could not wait for them to get here to make it.  She made Hello Kitty!    and Ryan made a Horse (this is the only picture I got) 

IMG_5727

We had a picnic at the park and went for a walk on the walking trails! 

IMG_5736  IMG_5731  IMG_5733

IMG_5729

We played outside a lot and then the kids ran threw the COLD pool water but they didn’t care! 

IMG_5737 IMG_5738

THEN….. The day finally came that the kids could not wait for…..

THOMAS THE TRAIN

IMG_5741

It was quite a morning.  Our tickets were for the 9:00am train ride.  They said to get there an hour early.     Well the whole night before Ryan started throwing up about 3 times and the next morning he seemed fine.  All he kept asking about was Thomas!!!  So like any good parent that has already bought 6 Thomas the Train tickets would do….. We went!  We all pile in the car and then Ashlyn starts crying and saying she was sick.   I had a bag packed with extra clothes and away we go.  As we are driving to Grapevine they are both not doing well.  Mom and I are sitting in the back thinking this is probably not the best idea we had but hey they are kids and we planned this WE ARE GOING!!!  Isn’t that how this stuff works.  

We get there get out of the car and Ryan throws up again!   I have trash bags with me in my bag just in case he gets sick on the train!   I know what you all are thinking I am contaminating all these other people…..  I know I know  you are not thinking anything that I had not thought!    So we get there early walk around and do some stuff. 

They Rode Pony’s! 

IMG_5744 IMG_5745

Went to threw a petting zoo that had a pony that was painted in PINK!!! 

IMG_5752 IMG_5750

Then we finally got to ride THOMAS!!

 IMG_5757

IMG_5756 

IMG_5760

IMG_5758 IMG_5759

We rode the train… nobody got sick on the train or while we were their.  The kids had a great time!   

We get in the car to go home they are both starving.  We stop get them Chick Fil A and then Ryan gets sick again.  He takes a nap gets up and is fine the rest of the weekend.  Not really sure what the issue was but we made memories and it was fun!  and yes I was THAT MOM that brings her sick kid to Thomas!   I had paid for the tickets we were going!!!

No comments: