Since we went Camping last week Ryan has not wanted to sleep in his crib all night. He goes to sleep in it and then wakes up and will not go back to sleep. It doesn’t matter what I do. Rub his back, leave him in there to cry himself back to sleep or if I go get him he will fall asleep in my arms or in our bed but as soon as I get up to put him back in his bed he wakes up and starts crying out of control.
So… I told Trever I think it’s time to convert his bed to a Toddler bed. Ashlyn would never sleep in her Toddler bed. (take the front off the crib) but I thought we should try it. So last night we took it off and Ryan was so excited about having a “Big Boy Bed” Daddy was still working on it but he could not wait to try it out!
So he goes to bed just fine in it. I am thinking this is great! We go to bed and at 12:30 Ashlyn is up. Nothing new there, she has just been a little stinker about sleeping in her bed. So I go up deal with her get her back to sleep and go back to bed. Just get to a point that I am almost asleep and I hear her AGAIN! I finally just put her in bed with us and drift off to sleep it’s like almost 2:00am now. At 2:30 I hear Ryan through the monitor. I give him a few minutes and can tell he is getting wound up like always so I go up there and think I am going to sit on the floor next to his bed and rub his back and get him to go back to sleep. WRONG! He starts screaming/crying uncontrollably and will not get in his bed. I take him down stairs and lay on the couch with him. He falls asleep. I get up to take him back to his bed and he wakes up and screams again. So finally I decided to lay in Ashlyn’s bed with him since she is in our bed. He goes to sleep. I go downstairs get Ashlyn and put her in bed with Ryan. It’s like 3:00am now and they are both fast asleep in Ashlyn’s bed together! I go back to bed doing a mini happy dance thinking this is the best solution they will sleep great! I get into bed and I cannot fall asleep! I end up watching TV until 4:00 am fall asleep. I hear them both at 5:00 am they are sitting on the stairs calling for me. I go get them put them into bed with us and try to go back to sleep knowing that my alarm is going off at 5:30am. Finally they are both asleep! But in the meantime, they wake Trever up who says, “You kids are not sleeping in here anymore” I tried to be nice when I said “ I have been up all night trying to get them to sleep in their beds” However at 5:00am I am sure that didn’t come out so nice. (Sorry Babe)
So this morning I said to Ashlyn “ Why didn’t you and Ryan stay in your bed together “ Her response “ Well Mommy, I don’t know how to take care of him”
So first night of Big Boy bed = BIG GIANT FAIL!!!!
I guess we try again tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment