Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike!

I cannot believe that my mother who lives in MI has not called me yet freaking out about Hurricane Ike and telling me to go buy everything to be prepared.

For those of you that don't know my Parents live in MI and they are the weather channel watchers extraordinaire. (A title Trever and I lovingly gave them) They will call us every time they see a storm that looks like it's going to hit Dallas. We don't even need to watch the weather. One time I was driving back from Irving after having dinner with some friends and it was a pretty bad storm, I couldn't see, I had to pull over. She called me on my cell to tell me we were in a tornado warning. I was well aware of this since I was driving in it! HAHA. We do appreciate it. Another time they were here visiting and we were in a tornado warning, Trever was on the golf coarse of all places, and mom was a bit nervous to say the least. She told all of us to make sure we get our shoes on. So Dad and I followed her orders and then we put Ashlyn's shoes on. I was wondering why she was so adament about this. I finally asked her and she said well if the house blows away you don't want to be barefooted do you? This is why you always listen to your mother! By the way Trever got home before the storm came, but my mother was freaking out that he was out on the road driving.

So for IKE I have not heard from her and I think maybe I should have. I realized last night that we are out of bottled water (Other then Ashlyn's 8oz bottles) and that we still have not purchased a flash light. That is right we don't own a flash light that works. Since they are saying that we possible could be w/o power for a couple of days I best get on this today, although I am sure everyplace is sold out. So see if I had heard from them maybe on Monday I would have went and bought some stuff instead of waiting until Friday when everyplace is going to be sold out!

So for anyone in Houston and down in Galveston take care and get out. I hope we dont get hit from it; however, I would much rather be prepared then not. I never use to worry about storms but with 2 kids I can't help but worry.

No comments: