Friday, August 1, 2008

Conversations with Ashlyn

So this is really more for me to document so I can remember them and pull them out and laugh at them again someday. You never really know how the conversation is going to go with a 2 1/2 year old.

This morning:
Me: "Ashlyn, we have to kinda hurry this morning because Mommy has to take you and Ryan to school and get back for a 9:00 call."
Ashlyn: "OK, I want to color"
Me: "Well can we eat breakfast and let Mommy do your hair first?"
Ashlyn: "NO"
Me: "Well that is what we need to do!"
Ashlyn: (Yelling for me to stop doing her hair)
Me: Telling her to sit still (This is normal every morning; I finally got her hair done)
Me: "Put your shoes on while I feed Brother"
Ashlyn: "Ok, brother needs to eat your boobie he is hungry"

*********
This was on our way back from Oklahoma,
(Background)
We were about 45 min from home and Ryan was just done riding in the car. We had stopped about 30 min. prior and took him out of the car seat because he was screaming and all he wanted was to be held and not in that seat. So he starts screaming again. I crawl to the back and sit on the console in between the 2 back seats.

Me: "Ryan it's Ok were almost home"
Ryan: Screaming looking at me like why the hell won't you hold me!
Me: "Mommy's sorry but I can't hold you"
Ashlyn: " Hey buddy, it's OK we almost home, look at me I am sitting in my seat not crying like a good girl"
Me: "Laughing and then say you are a good girl"
Ashlyn: "Mommy I'm the best"

HAHAH I guess we said that a few times on this trip!

********
Apparently I say "Gosh Dangit" a lot it's Ashlyn's new favorite phrase, she even uses it in the correct context.

*********
"Hey guy's I'm talking here"

No comments: