Yes, I never thought I would be one to say this. I have to admit that I never really knew everything that they could do or fix. I was not educated on them at all. I really thought they were a little bit of a hoax and once you went they just kept telling you to come back to keep your business. I have completely changed my mind on this.
Having 2 kids with Acid Reflux I only wish I had found out about what they can do sooner. I knew at 3 weeks old Ryan had reflux as we had gone through this with Ashlyn and didn't get it diagnosed until she was about 5 months old. Ryan started on Med's at 3 weeks. We tried a couple of different ones and ended up on Prevacid 2 times a day. After being on them for about a month they were not really doing anything it was very frustrating. When Trever hurt his back we then went into a new patient class that Dr. Nelson has. After getting educated on everything they can fix I asked Dr. Nelson if he could help a 2 month old with pretty severe acid reflux. (I was desperate for anything at this point) Dr. Nelson's eyes lite up and he said Yes, bring him in tomorrow I can help him. Within the first 4 adjustments Ryan was down to once a day on his meds. I was shocked, for the first time he would lay on the floor and do tummy time as well as lay on his back for more then 5 min. We could not believe it. We continued to go 3 times a week and he continued to improve. When he was about 3 months old we took him off Prevacid all together and I am happy to say he has been off of it for 4 weeks and he is the happiest most laid back baby. He is so sweet and smiles and will play on the ground, He rolls from his stomach to his back and last night for the first time he rolled from his back to his stomach. We are so blessed and we can't thank Dr. Nelson enough! It is truly amazing how fast children respond.
Today Ryan is 4 Months old. Where does the time go?
Now we just need to get Trever fixed! It's been a long road but as of today he thinks they are making progress. He is having an MRI done this week so hopefully that will tell us something. I feel so bad for him. 5 weeks he has been down and out. I wish I had taken a picture of him in the beginning so you could see how crooked he was and now which he is still crocked but better then he was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment